Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Freedom in Worship

In the dictionary it defines worship as worthiness, respect, reverence paid to a divine being (GOD). It also says it's excessive admiration of or devotion to a person. (GOD)
Worship is for the Glorification of God. Think back to last Sunday or the last time you were in church worshipping. Did GOD get all your respect, admiration and devotion? Do you think you glorified him? Did you put him above everything or everyone else?
This is not to pass judgement, I myself have given half hearted worship on many occasions. Either i am distracted by kids, other people, my wordly problems, or i'm afraid to worship freely because someone may think i'm some kind of freak! Well i've decided to become a freak, a JESUS FREAK!!
I think God deserves all of me not just parts. He is a jealous God and he doesn't want to share us with anything else in this world. Especially when we are claiming to worship him. Are we really giving him respect if we can't even give him 30 minutes of undivided attention a week. We should be giving so much more, think of all he gave for us! Are we really being devoted to God?
I am asking whoever reads this to examine your worship. Have you ever been prompted by the Holy Spirit to raise your arms during church, to go to the altar to pray (I can hear it now, we aren't supposed to go to the altar until the end. Does God have a time schedule?) to go and pray with someone? When I am fully worshipping God and giving him all I have, that is when I can truly feel the Holy Spirit moving so freely. God has so many big things for us if we just give him all the praise he deserves and quit putting him in a pretty little box. He is a big God let's give him room to move.
This will be a big challenge for me too. I never like to stick out. I like to fit into what we call normal, but is this really satisfying God? I feel God is calling us to a whole new level of worship.
I am do not pretend to know where things are in the bible but I'm pretty sure that it says that if we don't praise him the rocks will cry out on our behalf.( I need a few of my bible scholar friends help here) If this is true I am not going to have some rock doing my part. Did God send his Son to die for a rocks sins?
Well I hope this blog hasn't been a downer. I just feel really strongly that God is tired of the routine of worship and wants to see if people will follow the spirit even if it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Let it rain, Let it rain, open the flood gates of Heaven Let it rain.
I feel if we are obedient and open to the Holy Spirit that God will open the flood gates and take us to a whole new level but we have to give it all to him.

As i'm finishing this i'm already hearing that whisper saying don't post that you are going to offend people and they will think you are weird. You know what if I am being weird for Jesus at least it's for a good cause. LOL

5 comments:

  1. One of thing that I have to remind myself all the time, is that worship is not just singing! I have to remind myslef that worship is my life!! Good Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to get some flags out, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got goose bumps reading that. Seriously. Such a good post... and it is a good post specifically because it IS CHALLENGING.

    Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love It! I want to be a Jesus Freak Too! We, as humans, make it harder to do than it has to be. Why is that? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should not feel inhibited by our worship and praise of God who created us in his image. Let's raise our hands wherever and whenever we feel led!

    ReplyDelete