Thursday, May 7, 2009

Driving miss Daisy

So this is the start of one of the prayers I said today. It started like this Dear Jesus don't let her hit us. You may think that I was about to be in a major accident but..... It was really just an elderly lady that may or may not go to our church pulling out of the grocery store parking lot.

I was pulling out of the parking lot when I saw ( we will call her Betty to protect the innocent) her making a huge circle the wrong way in the parking lot. I knew she was heading my way and I was like dear Jesus don't let her hit us!!

As Betty pulled behind me she slammed on her brakes so hard that her back door came flying open. When I say hard I mean so hard that the door sprung back shut!! The funniest thing is she was oblivious that any of this had happened. Although she did open and shut her drivers side door as if she thought thats where the sudden draft had come from.

At this point I'm pretty much hysterical and my little girl is wondering why I'm laughing. It's all fun and games until Betty decided to start inching forward. At that moment God answered my prayer and the light turned green.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this is even funnier than hearing it on the phone yesterday. :) You have a real gift for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to call the parking lot at the Southern Gospel Convention "the most dangerous place on earth."


    Looks like that title has expanded to include Bicknell parking lots! love it!


    and I will be that crazy old lady driver someday...wait and see.

    ReplyDelete