Thursday, April 16, 2009

God's Will Not Ours.

I was reminded of a story yesterday, and thought it was a sad but true example of how we treat God sometimes. When Cameron was 6 they were going to have a dress up day at school. He comes to me and says, "mommy I need my sheriffs badge and can't find it." We searched everywhere we could think of and still had no luck. I told Cameron lets pray and ask Jesus to show us where it's at. After praying we went to searching again. Pretty soon I said here it is Cameron, Jesus helped us find it. Cameron took it in his hand and says, " I didn't want this one I wanted the other one." He decided afterwards that it would do if he couldn't find the other one. How many times in my life have I prayed for something and when it's happened it hasn't happened the way I wanted it to go. How many times have I asked for him to deal with my problems and he hasn't solved them the way that I wanted.
Sometimes we have to stop acting like a 6 year old, and say whatever your will for me is God ,I'm on board and thank you for caring enough for me to give me what I need not what I want. It's not about us it's all about you God.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. psalm 143:10
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5: 16-18

4 comments: