Friday, May 15, 2009

God's Gifts

Here lately I have been praying that God would start revealing to me the gifts my children have been given. Anyone who knows Gabby knows that she has the gift of worship. At 3 yrs old she is already a little christian jukebox who loves to sing and praise the Lord. She is also very outgoing. These are great gifts but I felt maybe the other kids were feeling less important because they are not as outgoing.



God has revealed some of these gifts to me. Cameron was a hard one to figure out, but after praying about it I remembered how he has given me facts out of the Bible that I didn't even know. I think God has given him knowledge and the ability to retain things he learns out of the bible. I pray as he matures that his knowledge would grow and grow and that someday he would teach God's word to others.



Madison is a compassionate and nurturing person. She loves to help others with no strings attached and has a real servants heart. She loves the lord so much and makes me so proud. I pray that someday she will use this compassion and love to bring people to Jesus.



Macy is the one that always takes me by surprise. You may recall that her St. Patrick's Day wish was to see Jesus before she dies. We also forgot to read her book for school one wednesday night because we had been at church. On hearing this the teacher said church is important, but school is more important. Macy's comment to this was No It's not. Jesus is the most important. This week she had to use 2 spelling words in a sentence. She chose powerful and product and here was her sentence. God is powerful because he makes products like us! I'm convinced that her teacher thinks we are Jesus Freaks and I'm ok with that. There is no way at 8 yrs old that I had the passion for Jesus that Macy does. Every little detail of her life has to do with God and her love for him and she will tell anyone about Jesus without any second thoughts. I pray that the fire that Macy has in her bones can never be put out by the world around her. I pray that she uses this fire to tell people about Jesus everywhere she goes.



This is not a blog to brag about my children's gifts. It just amazes me how each one is different, yet if they all worked together what a mighty tool for God they could be.



Sounds like to me what God intended the church to be. We all have our own gifts but if we would just put them together we could be a mighty tool for God.



I think i learn more from my children than they ever learn from me. I am so thankful that God has given me 4 children that love him with such passion.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool prayer. You have been blessed with 4 awesome children, and they are blessed with a great mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome to see their gifts and talents emerge!

    ReplyDelete